Tuesday, May 27, 2008

IT'S A SIGN!

ROOMS FULL OF EMPTINESS

An article on kptv.com has stated six Oregon Chili's Restaurants will be closed by Tomorrow. Some of them already are.

Brinker International, the parent company of most Chili's restaurants, confirmed the six restaurant closures Tuesday morning. The Clackamas and Eugene locations will remain open under new ownership.

"The time has come, the end is near..."

Lots of people, layfolk and experts, have been saying that with the economy being the way it is, the small businesses will be the first to go. Seems to be a sign to me.

Chili's was also one of the big accounts for the company I used to drive for, Duck Delivery. With their fuel prices driving their bank accounts downward, I would think it is safe to say that they will be getting rid of some folk and driving their prices upward. In otherwords, food prices will start climbing soon, not just via Duck (no Marx Brothers comments, please), but all produce companies will be facing similar challenges.

It would seem to me that more folks will be staying home to eat because that extra money they had for restaurants is being cut into by gas and rising food prices.

This is from an article on katu.com about the closures:

Workers were stunned.

"I was on the schedule for this morning, and I walked up and (the manager) was here and said, 'Nope, they're closed,' " said Jimbo Purcell, a cook.

Are your sphinsters tightening? Keep an eye out, your head up, and find your community. co-King George and King Dick have created quite the interesting mess for us all.

But don't worry, it will only be perpetuated by whatever other king gets elected in this alleged democracy until it all falls down...

I had a friend whose boyfriend worked at the Chili's in Beaverton. This was some 22 years ago. I also had a friend that worked there. I also ate there quite a few times at that time. My friend was also bitten by a dog that was hit by a car in front of that restaurant.