Thursday, August 7, 2008

Olympics Protests

The olympics will be starting, if they haven't already, I rarely pay attention to the olympics.

First, to me, the olympics have become one great big fat capitalist veture. They may already have been, but they definitely are now. Yeah, athletes, physical feats, challenges and triumphs...Now there are advertising opportunities, profits, endorsements, etc. The olympics is a profession, a business, and not what it originally was allegedly intended to be, a sporting event to bring folks together from many nations in peace and physical ability. At least that is what I heard they were originally set up for.

What better nation to host a hardcore capitalist venture like the olympics than a nation that has rapidly become one of the most powerful and hardcore capitalist powerhouses in the world, China.

Under capitalist civilized dictates, many people must suffer to maintain the levels of wealth disparity, and they will usually suffer violently. So, I am not a great lover of capitalist ventures, I just know they exist and the conditions of life are horrific for those who don't manage to be among the wealthy elite, among the protective services of the wealthy elite, or the middle class should a middle class exist in the capitalist nation. I am no fan of capitalism.

Now, there are massive protests against China (a capitalist nation) being the host of the most globally capitalist sporting events, the olympics. Why? For a couple of reasons, I've heard. Number one being the occupation of Tibet. You know, that allegedly once great and peaceful nation that was oppressive to women and owned slaves and wanted to use Nazi power to build a military to fight China. Also because of China's human rights abuses. Yes, China is an occuping nation, and yes, China does violate human rights, however...

To the said protesters: Once MOST of these protesters get their "I've Protested the 2008 olympics Hosted by China" badge, most will no longer make a peep about Chinese human rights violations and occupations. They will however polish their badges anytime some sort of personal glory might get them some sort of personal gain. Meanwhile, the occupation will continue and the human rights abuses will continue. But wait, said occupations and human rights abuses won't just be continuing at the hands of China, but also at the hands of the U.S., France, Spain, The Netherlands, Canada, etc., etc., etc. Will the passion and ferverent self-righteous behavior continue the fight against global occupations and human rights abuses...FUCK NO! Now that folks will have their Chinese protest badges, and when the olympics are over, there will be a deafening silence about not only Chinese occupations and human rights abuses, but those led by pretty much ALL capitalist style nation states.

OK, OK, OK...How many of you protesters have read the Universal Declaration of Human Rights? ...one...two.......... OK, 2. As stated previously on this blog, belonging to and forming unions is a human right. Their are commercials on television about union busting firms and in at will employment, discussion of forming a union can get you fired. Any protests? OF COURSE NOT! For some reason, folks here in the U.S. don't understand that the U.S. is the greatest violator of human rights ever to have existed. They, however, believe most if not all of the propaganda set forth by the U.S. Massive protests? ...All I hear is silence... That's what I thought. Got your badge, that's all you need.

The United States is an occupied nation. The U.S. occupies my land, my wife's land, our childrens land, the lands of all indigenous folks within the borders of what is currently known as the U.S. Any protests? Any speaking out? ...silence... But China! You'll get your Chinese Olympics protest badge, and then you'll be silent about not only Chinese occupation and human rights violations, but about all other occupations and human rights violations. Again...FUCK YOU!

But wait! There's more!

Many folks blindly follow the Dalai Lama. Yet, the Dalai Lama was a Nazi supporter and was great freinds with Nazi war criminals. Plus, Tibet was oppressive to women and held slaves. Is that what the folks protesting the occupation of Tibet want Tibet to return to?

I first questioned the Dalai Lama's intentions when I heard he was on the CIA payroll at one time. I also remember him making a speech in Portland, Oregon stating how great the United States was. "The greatest nation on earth," is what I beleive he said. Odd! The greatest jailer, the greatest violator of human rights, the most genocidal nation ever to have existed...is stated to be the greatest nation on earth by a man who alleges peace.

Mind you, I am no supporter of nations who violate human rights. I live within the borders of one. However, I know the protests will become silent, or virtually silent again, when the olympics are over and the protesters have their Chinese olympics protest badges firmly in hand. They will no longer be caring about human rights violations in China, let alone their own nations, such as Frances genocidal actions in Rwanda. That is somehow different and acceptable to most of these said protesters. And when the olympics and protests are over, it will be business as usual for the violating nations and the protesters will be busy polishing their badges instead of continuing the fight for human rights.

I will not be watching the olympics, nor will I be participating in the protests. The olympics are a capitalist venture taking place in a capitalist nation. Captalism requires violence to maintain its status quo. The protesters will fall virtually silent after the olympics are over like they think their job is done.

Meanwhile, in Canada, the Canadian government is violating the human and indigenous rights of the Indians in Canada in order to host the winter olymics in Whistler, BC. Any protests? Nope! Silence, other than from the Indians struggling against this violation of indigenous and human rights violations by a nation that has and continues to violently suppress Indians within that nation. Hello! Anyone there?

As a foot note, from a website exposing the behavior of the Lama system prior to the occupation as well as the Nazi and other murderous allies of the Dalai Lama; this photo along with its explanation:

Photo on [left] is a Tibetan slave in leg-irons, under the "enlightened" rule of the Lama class before the Dalai Lama was forced out of power in Tibet. Under the Lama class, run away slaves could expect to have their eyes gouged out, and tongue cut out, and limbs amputated by the Lama class "enlightened", and "compassionate", and "peaceful" priests.

What kind of world is it you all want? This kind? Why not figure out the kind of world you want and FIGHT for that? Yeah, China violates human rights, but why are your voices virtually silent about the human rights violations of your own nations and other nations? Where is you passion for those struggles? Are they not as pretty or public as China's? In the words of Dr. Evil..."throw me a friggin' bone, here!" Throw me a bone. Give me a reason to believe you have a genuine desire for human rights worldwide. Give me a reason to believe I want to stand side by side with you in your struggle. Are your voices gonna be as passionate and powerful when Canada starts its ceremonies for the winter olympics as Canada continues its violation of human and indigenous rights in their occupation of indigenous land?